Bought & Sold Expertly and
Don B. Imbus, MBA
American Business Brokers
What is my business worth? How do I plan my exit? How do I ready the business for a future sale?
Find out now, confidentially, and with no cost or obligation! A $2500 Value. Contact me today.
Follow me on:
Buy Your Business
The vast majority of all business buyers are first time buyers, unprepared to meet the complexities of a business acquisition. However, whether you are considering your first acquisition or are a seasoned investor, you can look to us for assistance in every phase of the transaction. The following, therefore, summarizes the key elements of the business acquisition process as professionally conducted by us.
Initial Meeting - Objectives, Needs and Requirements Review:
In preparation for this initial meeting with us, the business buyer should complete our Buyer Response Form. By completing the form, you will send an email to us with the information provided or you can print the confirmation page and fax it to us. This, along with subsequent discussion relating to your personal goals and objectives, will provide an adequate starting point to begin a detailed search of our large listing inventory in order to develop a selection of "target" businesses for your review.
Review of Acquisition Alternatives:
This is where our professional edge can really make a difference in a successful acquisition. We will make every effort to provide you with pertinent information on a target company's financial performance, staffing, facilities, equipment, lease, inventory, customers and market areas served. In most cases we will have tax returns, customer lists, etc. for confirmation. Where we cannot provide verification of information given to us, we will advise you accordingly.
When the various business names are disclosed, you will be required to sign a standard "Confidentiality/Disclosure" form which, in most cases, is required by the business owner.
Sell Your Business
Your business isn't just any business. It is a living monument to late-night homework and early-morning deadlines. An accumulation of sweat, equity and lifetime achievement.
The decision to sell your business can be the most important decision of your life. Turning your operation into cash is a complex affair involving hundreds of variables. You face an uncertain economy, unbridled competition, sophisticated buyers and, without professional guidance, you face them alone.
Business sales intermediaries have professionally orchestrated hundreds of business sales transactions.
Don B. Imbus, Business Intermediary
Don is the past owner of Coastal Carts, a successful small business in Florida, which was sold using the expertise of American Business Brokers. Don understands the concerns, emotions, and issues that sellers and buyers encounter, and how to manage them. Don's background also includes nearly 20 years in business to business experience in manufacturing, engineering, sales, product management & development, and sales management, with a global Fortune 500 manufacturer. Don has extensive training in business brokerage from the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA University), the Business Brokers of Florida (BBF), and American Business Brokers. Don holds a Florida Real Estate License, a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master's Degree in Business Administration. Don has been a Business Intermediary since 2018.
Consider the Facts
- One out of four American businesses change hands each year.
- The vast majority of all business sellers are first-time sellers, unprepared to meet the complexities and time demands of a business sale transaction.
- "Do-it-yourself" sellers typically receive considerably less than the fair market value of their businesses.
- Over 50% of all small-to-medium sized business sales arranged by sellers without professional help result in transactional problems, dissatisfaction or default.
- Today's business buyer demands reliable financial and operational information that can be confirmed.
- American Business Brokers specializes in business sales and acquisitions of firms with revenues of $500,000 to $5,000,000. As we have sold about every category of business, we invite your review of our high level of ethics and performance by contacting them for clients we have served.
- We are selective and are highly successful. We have policies of representing those clients who have a desire to see the continuing success of their business under the guardianship of a new owner.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Get a free business review and goals along with analyzing comparable sales in your industry. Provide basic benchmarking to see how your business compares to others, and learn the ins and outs of the sales process.